Museum of 'Ancient Treasure'
Museum Art Gallery of 'Ancient Treasure'
It is located on the top floor of the western wing of the Palazzo Apostolico.
There we can admire a 2000 sqm exhibition, which includes :
- Paintings previously belonging to the Basilica: works by L.Lotto, G. Muziano, p. Tibaldi, G. Reni, F. Bellini, C. Roncalli - called Pomarancio- S. Vouet, A. Zanchi, G.M. Crespi, S. Conca, F. Foschi, etc.
- Tapestry collection from the XVII century, realised in Brussels on cartons of Raffaello Sanzio.
- Collection of historiated majolicas for apothecary; it is one of the rare examples of an intact collection from Orazio Fontana's workshop (XVI c.) and Paranazzi's wokshop (XVII c.) from Urbino.
- Contemporary art, collection of paintings by : A. Sassu, V.Trubbiani, F. Bodini, P. Cascella, P. Guccione, ecc. -Furniture from the pontifical apartment, dated between XV to XX century.
- The Treasure of the Holy House : jewels, liturgical furniture, silver Crucifix by Giambologna, the famous red pearl of the Red Sea, fished in the XVII century, on which it seems carved the Virgin Mary while flying on a cloud.
- A collection of nativity scenes (from various origins and times)
- Images and objects of popular piety and devotion.
For further information call to:
"Artifex – comunicare con l'arte" call to: +39 06 68193064